Keeping the Dream Alive

One year ago I started a new adventure of opening and having a studio for both skin care and makeup. On this journey, I've had some downs, but I mostly have had many ups. Opening the studio was a scary, but dream come true for me. Something that I have worked and dreamed of over 10 years ago of having, and a lot of hard work and goals were put in place. But I have to say that perseverance, determination, and never giving up is what put everything into place.

I would like to thank both family and friends for their support in helping me keep my dreams in front of me, as well as reminding me that I can do this. Most of all, I would like to thank my husband for the support and feedback in helping keep things running. But of course, my doors would not be able to stay open if I did not have all you clients and brides, who have supported me in coming in for services, as well as referring your friends, family, and co-workers. Without all of you, my dream would have been crushed months ago, and I would have to find a job and work for someone else, instead of work for myself and keep my dream alive.

As I sit here today writing this post and sharing my gratitude, I am thinking, who out there has a dream or a goal to pursue? Who out there has always wanted to have a business of their own or help others?

When speaking with friends, many say that they "love" their job and what they do, but don't like the rules or who they work for. Many who are in the industry of beauty, whether it would be hair, skin, nails, or makeup, develop a dream to open up their own studio, similar to mine. I have opened their eyes to a dream that may have been hidden due to a routine or run, they got in from working for someone else, that they were once excited about, but lost the real reason why they decided to do the career that they are doing.

So I am asking you, did you have a dream or want to pursue something at one point in your life, but may have lost or put it on the back burner? If so, then I would like to hear from you. You will not only inspire me, but also inspire others out there that may have that same dream or goal.

All correspondence can be sent email (for private) or comment below. 

Comments

Popular Posts