Father's Day: When did it start?

As I think writing this post on Mother's Day, I wonder when Father's Day had started and where it came about. Well, as I found out, it all started with Mother's Day, according to History, but it took 58 years to become a known holiday. Again, we all celebrate the holiday differently, as well as how we honor him. But again, I go back and think of all who may have lost their father's, and I send my dearest condolences. You can mourn, but again, I believe that you we should remember the happy days, the good memories. Start your own new memories in honor of those who have fallen, whether from fighting a disease, health issues, or an accident. Dwelling on them being gone will not bring them back, but bring a good memory forward can start a revolution of a new beginning of traditions and a legacy. It is better to leave a legacy, keeping history always in the forefront of this new developing times.

My question to you, is how did you celebrate and honor your father? I would like to hear.

Comments

Popular Posts